I don’t know about you, but sometimes I feel less than great. Grouchy, annoyed, miserable, or as my hubby sometimes says “sick up and fed”. These words are all ways to describe when I am not much fun to be around. But you know, days like that are part of being who we are, part of being human. There are always going to be days where you are a little off, and that’s okay.
What’s not okay is when you get a whole string of those days. When no matter how positively you talk to yourself or how positive the people around you are – you still feel flat. You have no energy or passion for life, no motivation, no purpose and wonder what the point of it all is. And you are certainly not enjoying yourself or having any fun.
Below are a few tips on what you can focus on which might just help you to take some action to get out of the doldrums and reduce those grumpy miserable days.
- What does Fun mean to you? When you are being playful and having fun, what things do you like to do? Sit down and think about what FUN is for you and then go and do it.
- What are you being serious about? How can you flip that over and see the funny, playful or opposite to the situation? Go on, get a piece of paper and write the problem down and rewrite it so that it is opposite.
- What can I do differently today? Things like taking a different route to work or on the school run or eating something unusual for breakfast.
- Get some fresh air and exercise. It is amazing how much better you will feel and you will have a clearer head.
- What is your Perfect Day? Don’t think too much about it and don’t worry about it sounding silly or too grand. Just shoot from the hip and see what comes out naturally for you. Write down words, ideas, themes or a whole narrative, draw pictures if you want to or even record yourself talking about it. Have fun with it, play with it, after all it is your Perfect Day.
So what is one thing can you do right now to help you get more and stay out of those flat grumpy miserable days? Get some passion purpose and fun in your life by choosing to take some action NOW.